Baked Samosa…(Guilt Free)
Samosa I think all age group favourite item…kids love the crispy part and left the stuffing for mummies…ha ha ha
But for a guilt free u can have Samoa as much as u like as it is not fried but baked one
Now come to ingredients part
2 cup maida
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp ajwain
Salt to taste
Water to make dough
2 medium size potato chopped
1/4 cup green peas
1 cup chopped cabbage
1 tsp ginger paste
¼ tsp cumin seeds
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp red chili powder
½ tbsp oil
1 green chili finely chopped
salt to taste
1. First for dough mix all dry ingredients n rub the maifa with both hands do that oil incorporates properly. Then add water n make lil tight dough.
2. Finally add 1/2 tsp oil n knead it properly.
Wrap it and rest for 10 min.
3. Meanwhile heat oil, add cumin seeds and chopped green chilli.
4. When cumin seeds start crackle add chopped cabbage n green peas with ginger paste n mix well. Saute for 2 min.
5. Now add potatoes with all spices n stir till potatoes half done.As it will go for baking it will be fully cooked finally.
6. Your stuffing is ready , make it cool down.
7. Now take a small portion of dough and make a ball , roll it as oval shape .
8. Cut into two parts , make a cone shape and fill 2 spoons of stuffing and fold it from one side as shown in picture.
9. Coat little water on the edges and fix it .
10.Preheat oven for 10 min at 200′ C.
11.Now grease baking tray n place Samoa on it .
12. Coat oil on Samosa n bake for 20 to 22 min at 200′ C.
11.Hot “Samosa” ready to serve.
As I did Samosa half fried n half baked…but my daughter love baked one more…as it has less oil n in summer we should consume less oil.