Mysore Bonda/Bajji Recipe/Mysore Bajji Recipe/How to make bajji batter/bajji/Mysore Bonda recipe/Bajji Recipe/Mysore Bajji Recipe/Bonda in hindi/bonda by roshniscuisine
- 1 cup maida or APF
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 3/4 cup butter milk
- 3 green chili chopped
- 1 inch grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
- First add buttermilk to maida n riceflour...add little by little so that no lumps will be there.
- Its consistency will be like vada batter...after mixing done keep this for some time for fermentation about 20 min.
- After 20 min,add chopped green chili,chopped ginger n cumin seeds.
- Meanwhile heat oil to deep fry...keep a bowl of water aside.
- Now to batter add salt n soda, mix well. Due to addition of soda,when u fry bonda it will be fluffy.
- Wet ur palm and take a spoon full of batter n make a dumpling shape n dip into hot oil,make the flame low.
- Otherwise it will be brown from outside but raw from inside.
- After sometime it start floating in oil...n becomes a round shape as shown in video.
- After some time it is golden brown in colour...its done.
- Remove from oil n keep on paper towel so that excess oil will be absorbed.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney or sauce...
- I half fry bondas n remove it...and again fry it so that it will be more crunchy...but after that I feel its really not needed.
- U can fry it till golden brown color n its done.
- U can add chopped coconut pieces to batter also...we don't like it so we dint add it.
video link for this recipe
Table of contents
0:38 – how to make the batter
2:39 – see the tip to make fluffy mysore bonda
First time we tasted this in Hyderabad…its crunchy from outside n soft,fluffy from inside…
Winter vacation was going on in school…so my daughter n her chillar party have little get together almost everyday…so mummas duty to cook some yummy food for the kiddos
So one day Sarthika n her frndz went to her one south indian friend Hashini…her mother my friend Raji prepared this instant n Sarthika liked it so much…so when she returned she asked me mumma do u know how to prepare Mysore Bonda…till that day i only tasted it…never prepared
So in evening I asked Raji abt the recipe…its so easy to prepare…I did little variation using rice flour to make it crunchy.
So many ways are there to prepare Mysore Bonda…some people also added udad daal paste…i used the instant process
So on next day only I prepared it…coincidentally Raji also visited my place…all liked it so much
I am frying n putting in plate n kiddo party finished it off…ha ha ha
Thnx Raji for this yummy recipe
You can follow the facebook page
You can view some more yummy recipes