Neer Dosa recipe in hindi/neer dose/neeru dose/neer dosa udupi mangalore style by roshniscuisine
This one I tasted in my friend Suma’s home first time…it is quite soft comparing to our regular crispy dosa…so you can give this to your kid tiffin box and plan for hubby lunch dabba..it is quite healthy as it requires less oil and best part is no fermentation required…
video link of this recipe
Table of contents for important view
1:29 see the batter consistency
1:56 how to pour the batter
- 2 cups raw rice
- 3 green chili
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 inch ginger chopped(optional)
- water as required
- oil for making dosa
- salt to taste
- Soak rice for 4 hours or if you are planning to make for breakfast soak this overnight.
- Add ginger,green chili n cumin seeds to the rice.
- Grind to a smooth paste.
- Add salt n sufficient amount of water.(So it is called neer dosa)
- It requires an ample amount of water...the consistency of batter is like flowing water...
- Heat tawa n spread oil all over.
- Take a big spoon of batter n spread all over tawa in high flame.
- Make flame to medium n cover the lid for 1 min.
- Remove the lid,you can observe the dosa is little shrink from all sides...so its ready.
- It is little soft comparing to our regular dosa..so remove it carefully using a thin spatula,otherwise it may break.
- You can make a batch of dosas before time...and keep on a plate with lid covered,otherwise it becomes little dry.
- You can plan this dosa when you are planning to go out.
- From health point of view also it is a good option.
- My frindz who are allergic to gluten they also can give it a try...something different.
- Facebook Link